Dr. Khlood Al-Fedhalah
Dr. Kholoud Mohammed SanadAlfadhalah (BMS, MBchB, M.Sc.)
Dr. Alfadhalah, an infection prevention and control specialist, is the head of the Infection Control Department in Infection Control Directorate, Kuwait. Her research interests and professional experience span a wide range of topics including the impact of active surveillance of health care associated infections, epidemiology of health care associated MRSA, and outbreak management. She has extensive experience predominantly on the multimodal infection control interventions well as the role infection control training. Currently she is the head of Committee of Design and Construction Standards of Health care Facilities. She is a member of the scientific committee of Kuwait National Healthcare-associated Infections Surveillance System (KNHSS), Infection Control Committee for the Inspection of the Private Healthcare Sector and as well as the National Sterilization Committee. Alfadhalah is affiliated with Kuwait Association of Infection Control Professionals and Kuwait Medical Association.
- Sc of Tropical Infectious Diseases, with distinction, Liverpool University, Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine, United Kingdom, 2007.
- Bachelor of Medical Science, MB ChB, with distinction, Faculty of Medicine, Kuwait University, 1998.
- Clinical interests focus on the impact of active surveillance of health care associated infections, epidemiology of health care associated MRSA, outbreak management and application of infection control construction standards into Kuwait health care facilities.
- Principal Investigator; Estimating the incidence of ventilator associated pneumonia (VAP) in adult and neonatal intensive care units in Kuwait governmental hospitals. The recognition of most common causative organisms and its classification.
- The sole researcher in Molecular and Clinical Epidemiology of Health Care associated Infection with Methicillin Sensitive and Resistant S.aureus in Kuwait 2003-2005.
- Collaborative researcher in the national survey of physician compliance with local antibiotic policy in Kuwait governmental hospitals which was concluded with the national campaign of appropriate use of antibiotics.
- Infection preventionist Head of Infection Control Department at Razi Hospital, 2003 –2007.
- Infection preventionist Head of Infection Control Department at Sabah Hospital, 2008 –Present.
- Head of Infection Control Department at Infection control directorate, 2010 –Present.
- Head of Committee of Design and Construction Standards of Health care Facilities, 2006- Present.
- Head of Committee of Design and Construction Standards of Health care Facilities, 2010- Present.
- Coordinator of environmental sampling committee, 2010- 2011.
- Member of national committee of sterilization supplies, 2011- Present.
- Member of national committee of safe medical engineering devices, 2014-Present
- Kuwait Medical Association, 1998 – Present,
- Active member of scientific task force working groups in the field of Isolation standards, prevention of ventilator associated pneumonia, outbreak management, 2003 – Present.
- Kuwait Association of Infection Control Professionals, 2005- Present.
- Member of Committee of Design and Construction Standards of Health care Facilities, 2006 – Present.
- Member of the Ministerial Committee of Infection Control Inspection on the Private Sector, 2007 – Present.
- Member of the Ministrial Higher Committee and Scientific Committee of National Antibiotic Campaign, 2010 – Present.
- 2nd GCC Infection Control meeting in Jeddah 2007 (Member of Kuwait Delegation).
- 1st public health conference –Kuwait, 2008.
- Infection control symposium-Abu Dhabi, 2008.
- Kuwait Microbiology conference- Kuwait, 2009 (speaker)
- 5th GCC Infection Control meeting in Riyadh (Member of Kuwait Delegation).
- 5th Shea training course for infection control -Saudi Arabia, 2010.
- Symposium of the changing climate of infectious diseases -Kuwait, 2010 (speaker)
- 1st food safety conference –Kuwait, 2010 (speaker)
- Workshop on Infection Prevention and Control: Recent Advances – Kuwait, January 2011 (organizing committee and speaker)
- 4th Persian Gulf Occupational Health Forum “Toward Sustainable Occupational Health and Safety.” Kuwait City, Kuwait; April 5-7, 2011.
- EPINet training at 4th Persian Gulf Occupational Health Forum: “Train the Trainer” workshop. Kuwait City, Kuwait, 2011.
- Kuwait waste management Conference- Kuwait, 2013 (speaker)
- Kuwait Infection Control Conference- Kuwait, December 2013 (organizing committee and speaker)
- Infectious Diseases Conference & Workshop –Kuwait, December 2014 (speaker)
- Ebola virus diseases RRT training- UAE, 11-15 May 2015.
- 3rd International Course on Implementation in Infection Control. 27th-30th October 2015
- Virology symposium –Kuwait 10-12 December , 2015 (speaker)
- Preceptor of Master of Public health Practicum-Kuwait, 2015- present